Friday, June 12, 2009

My Travel Log

I went to Rishikesh early May just to spend few of my extra Preparatory Leaves.
Yeah! No points for guessing that I am late to post it. But surely it was an amazing experience.
There were mountains(I’ld say hills), greenery, and ample of water(the mighty Ganges) and 4 of us, Me, Vishal,Sumit and Hussain were braving the rapids---one moment the roller-coaster, next the Mountain Dew or the Three Mice and then Golf-course, and so many others…

Packed our bags and straight went for reaching out to the Holy Land driving whole night and just halted for an hour or half at Muzzafarnagar to have the Dinner cum Breakfast at 2 AM (huh!!)The entire night passed listening Ghazals and Yes we Were getting very EXCITED as we went closer and closer to our destination. And finally we reached there,our campsite(Logout @ Ganges),around 6AM. It was a marvellous sight- sandy river bed,Rapids of the Ganges and a VolleyBall Net(We refreshed ourselves through the game).

The first thing we did after reaching there was to pose for some really nice pics of ourselves.And then it was the time for Kayaking.I was the one who went farthest among all of us.It's a must try for all the adventure seekers.

Around 10 AM after having the breakfast we went for the FINAL GAME, and initially we were very afraid of going into the rapids with just a Life Jacket. But the fear disappeared once we faced our first rapid or i'd say Rapids-The Three Blind Mice.
One by one the three rapids enthralled us completely.Many such rapids came and passed but the real one was the Golf Course(the sight of Mountain Dew ad. shooting),
it was a mighty one,I swear! This was the last big rapid on the entire 24km stretch.
Then the once lively river became a Lazy River and it was time for some bodysurfing.
During this stretch, we(rather just me n Sumit bhaiya) jumped from the 25 Ft. high cliff. The site was near a small waterfall.
And now our much adventurous journey was in its final stage.Left for Faridabad in the afternoon and I was slumbering the entire way.Reached here midnight but couldn't sleep cos' I was still in the DreamLand called Rishikesh.

Sitting in front of the raft during the rapids I loved the time of my life!!1 It was awesome. And talk of cliff-jumping!!!!!!aaaaaaaaahhh it was orgasmic!!! How can people let their fear rob themselves of such a joy!! As for me I took a plunge into the holy waters from a height of atleast 25fts for 2 times(max in our group…kudos to me..[J])

Surely, Rishikesh is a nice place to visit this time of the year , with water in ganga just optimum for rafting(in monsoons u don’t find any rapids due to too much of water)

So, my advice if u haven’t done this before, pack ur bags this weekend itself and head towards rishikesh

No comments: